Sunday, November 8, 2009

Only in America

While my Saatchi Switcher, Amy 'JohnsTon', is sampling some of the finest Australian produce (namely, 'fancy' meat pies from Harry's and the morning pleasure of butter and veg on sourdough.. sydneyswitch.blogspot.com), I've discovered my own pieces of Americana.

1. Tide To Go.
I mentioned this in a previous post but it wasn't until I spilt chocolate sauce all over my sleeve while out at Brooklyn Bowl, that I saw just how much this could change my life. Spillages and stains are a daily occurrence in the life of Nat Chan. With Tide To Go, the klutz factor is no longer going to be a concern!



2. 100% Liquid Egg Whites
A-mazing. Who knew that you could just buy a carton of liquid egg whites for your omelettes etc? No more cracking and separating individual eggs or wasting yolks! I wish I could smuggle some cartons home. These seem to be as commonplace as a carton of milk in everyone's fridges.



3. Root Beer Float
An American childhood staple which I had the chance to sample over the weekend


Sweet. Fizzy. Delicious. Tick that off the list! Now to find saltwater taffy and a chilli dog..

4. Tide 'with a touch of Downy'
Clearly, the un-PC term does not exist here in this land of political correctness. Still, I thought 'with a touch of down' might suffice and convey that snuggly softness.






No comments:

Post a Comment