Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lunch in the Office

The first week I was here, the cafeteria (and the shoeman) were a novelty. Now I realise that the reason why you have a cafeteria (much like Google has a cafeteria and laundry cleaning services) is because you are generally so busy, you can't leave. (Insert NY times article of the man who passed away at his desk, undiscovered by colleagues for 5 days til the cleaner noticed something was wrong)

In the last 2 weeks, I've managed to get out each day for 20-30mins to try and do some exploring by myself and get some fresh air. However, today was a little more frantic so I headed down to the cafeteria with Nayantara, the team's new intern.

And thus I present to you, a standard Saatchi NY lunchtime:


1. Head down to Level 14 and fill up our swipe cards with credit



2. Peruse the array of buffet options - hot lunch, cold lunch, sandwiches, soups and salads available


3. Decide AGAINST pre-made salads



4. Create own salad



5. Sit at cafeteria tables (Nayantara, the new intern on our team)




6. Admire the view and sunny skies OUTSIDE
(However, generally more common for people to eat at their desks)


7. End of lunchtime. Back to desk for afternoon cup of excuse-for-coffee.


Footnote: AJ, Rob and Dan, you will be pleased to note that I am still the same.. haven't changed. I spill water once a day (usually over poor Liz's desk) and I had an oats explosion on the floor this morning when attempting to open a new packet..











































1 comment:

  1. oh, the cafeteria...good choice choosing not to go with pre-made salads. try to get out every day, carmine st is right around the corner!! i hope there are some left over spills in my office when I get back...make sure you take plenty of tide-to-go sticks home with you! xx

    ReplyDelete